Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 6:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, March 30, 2014 at 6:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 18:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 442.37 meters/second, 1592.5 kilometres/hour, 989.5 miles/hour or 859.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.49 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||North||16.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 20.9"||989.43 mi||West||0° 10' 44.5"||12.30 mi||North||989.73 mi|
|24 hours||12° 56' 02.1"||885.28 mi||East||4° 29' 09.2"||308.25 mi||North||941.32 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Thu 9:00 AM||455 km||283 miles||246 nm||W|
|Papeete||Thu 8:30 AM||1841 km||1144 miles||994 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Thu 10:30 AM||1939 km||1205 miles||1047 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Fri 8:30 AM||2679 km||1665 miles||1447 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 8:30 AM||2979 km||1851 miles||1609 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Thu 1:30 PM||3446 km||2142 miles||1861 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Thu 7:30 AM||3907 km||2428 miles||2110 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 7:30 AM||3936 km||2445 miles||2125 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 8:30 AM||4013 km||2494 miles||2167 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Thu 8:30 AM||4092 km||2543 miles||2210 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.