Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 7:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, March 30, 2014 at 6:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 19:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.58 meters/second, 1593.3 km/hour, 990.0 miles/hour or 860.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.3"||16.50 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||North||16.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 22.7"||989.91 mi||West||0° 10' 47.5"||12.36 mi||North||990.21 mi|
|24 hours||12° 55' 24.2"||884.96 mi||East||4° 30' 00.6"||309.23 mi||North||941.24 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Thu 9:30 AM||1041 km||647 miles||562 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Fri 9:30 AM||1381 km||858 miles||746 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 9:30 AM||1797 km||1117 miles||971 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 8:30 AM||2349 km||1460 miles||1269 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 9:30 AM||2472 km||1536 miles||1335 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Thu 8:30 AM||2478 km||1540 miles||1338 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Thu 11:30 AM||2815 km||1749 miles||1520 nm||SE|
|Nukualofa||Fri 8:30 AM||3076 km||1911 miles||1661 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 7:30 AM||3091 km||1921 miles||1669 nm||WNW|
|Honolulu||Thu 9:30 AM||3372 km||2095 miles||1820 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.