Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 23:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, March 30, 2014 at 6:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 23:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.40 meters/second, 1596.2 km/hour, 991.9 miles/hour or 861.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.53 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 29.5"||991.75 mi||west||0° 10' 58.9"||12.58 mi||north||992.04 mi|
|24 hours||12° 52' 57.0"||883.68 mi||east||4° 33' 07.3"||312.79 mi||north||940.81 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Buka||Fri 9:30 AM||342 km||213 miles||185 nm||NE|
|Arawa||Fri 9:30 AM||385 km||239 miles||208 nm||ENE|
|Gizo||Fri 10:30 AM||508 km||316 miles||274 nm||E|
|Lae||Fri 9:30 AM||590 km||367 miles||319 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Fri 9:30 AM||606 km||376 miles||327 nm||WSW|
|Honiara||Fri 10:30 AM||873 km||543 miles||472 nm||ESE|
|Cairns||Fri 9:30 AM||1269 km||788 miles||685 nm||SSW|
|Jayapura||Fri 8:30 AM||1392 km||865 miles||752 nm||WNW|
|Palikir||Fri 10:30 AM||1713 km||1064 miles||925 nm||NNE|
|Yaren||Fri 11:30 AM||1793 km||1114 miles||968 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.