Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 11:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, March 30, 2014 at 6:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 23:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 443.40 meters/second, 1596.2 kilometres/hour, 991.9 miles/hour or 861.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.53 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 29.5"||991.75 mi||West||0° 10' 58.9"||12.58 mi||North||992.04 mi|
|24 hours||12° 52' 57.0"||883.68 mi||East||4° 33' 07.3"||312.79 mi||North||940.81 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Buka||Fri 9:30 AM||342 km||213 miles||185 nm||NE|
|Rabaul||Fri 9:30 AM||355 km||221 miles||192 nm||N|
|Arawa||Fri 9:30 AM||385 km||239 miles||208 nm||ENE|
|Gizo||Fri 10:30 AM||508 km||316 miles||274 nm||E|
|Lae||Fri 9:30 AM||590 km||367 miles||319 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Fri 9:30 AM||606 km||376 miles||327 nm||WSW|
|Honiara||Fri 10:30 AM||873 km||543 miles||472 nm||ESE|
|Mount Hagen||Fri 9:30 AM||907 km||564 miles||490 nm||W|
|Cairns||Fri 9:30 AM||1269 km||788 miles||685 nm||SSW|
|Jayapura||Fri 8:30 AM||1392 km||865 miles||752 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.