Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 11:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, March 30, 2014 at 6:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 23:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 443.43 meters/second, 1596.4 kilometres/hour, 991.9 miles/hour or 862.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.53 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 29.9"||991.83 mi||West||0° 10' 59.4"||12.59 mi||North||992.11 mi|
|24 hours||12° 52' 51.0"||883.62 mi||East||4° 33' 14.4"||312.92 mi||North||940.79 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lae||Fri 9:40 AM||327 km||203 miles||177 nm||WNW|
|Port Moresby||Fri 9:40 AM||375 km||233 miles||202 nm||SW|
|Rabaul||Fri 9:40 AM||433 km||269 miles||234 nm||NE|
|Buka||Fri 9:40 AM||572 km||355 miles||309 nm||ENE|
|Arawa||Fri 9:40 AM||641 km||398 miles||346 nm||E|
|Mount Hagen||Fri 9:40 AM||647 km||402 miles||349 nm||WNW|
|Gizo||Fri 10:40 AM||772 km||480 miles||417 nm||E|
|Honiara||Fri 10:40 AM||1133 km||704 miles||612 nm||ESE|
|Cairns||Fri 9:40 AM||1146 km||712 miles||619 nm||SSW|
|Jayapura||Fri 8:40 AM||1149 km||714 miles||621 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.