Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, March 28, 2014 at 00:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 24, 2014 at 1:46 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, March 30, 2014 at 6:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 28, 2014 at 00:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.57 meters/second, 1596.8 km/hour, 992.2 miles/hour or 862.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.54 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 31.0"||992.19 mi||west||0° 11' 01.2"||12.62 mi||north||992.48 mi|
|24 hours||12° 52' 26.6"||883.46 mi||east||4° 33' 43.0"||313.49 mi||north||940.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mount Hagen||Fri 10:20 AM||496 km||308 miles||268 nm||ENE|
|Jayapura||Fri 9:20 AM||527 km||328 miles||285 nm||N|
|Lae||Fri 10:20 AM||777 km||483 miles||420 nm||E|
|Port Moresby||Fri 10:20 AM||831 km||517 miles||449 nm||ESE|
|Manokwari||Fri 9:20 AM||964 km||599 miles||520 nm||NW|
|Darwin||Fri 9:50 AM||1155 km||718 miles||624 nm||WSW|
|Cairns||Fri 10:20 AM||1242 km||772 miles||671 nm||SSE|
|Dili||Fri 9:20 AM||1593 km||990 miles||860 nm||W|
|Melekeok||Fri 9:20 AM||1736 km||1079 miles||937 nm||NNW|
|Alice Springs||Fri 9:50 AM||1934 km||1201 miles||1044 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.