Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, March 28, 2014 at 00:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 24, 2014 at 1:46 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, March 30, 2014 at 6:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 28, 2014 at 00:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.63 meters/second, 1597.1 km/hour, 992.4 miles/hour or 862.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.54 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 31.5"||992.34 mi||west||0° 11' 02.1"||12.64 mi||north||992.62 mi|
|24 hours||12° 52' 14.8"||883.36 mi||east||4° 33' 56.8"||313.75 mi||north||940.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Manokwari||Fri 9:40 AM||710 km||441 miles||383 nm||N|
|Darwin||Fri 10:10 AM||751 km||466 miles||405 nm||SW|
|Jayapura||Fri 9:40 AM||802 km||499 miles||433 nm||NE|
|Ambon||Fri 9:40 AM||864 km||537 miles||466 nm||WNW|
|Baucau||Fri 9:40 AM||970 km||602 miles||524 nm||W|
|Dili||Fri 9:40 AM||1066 km||663 miles||576 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Fri 10:40 AM||1349 km||838 miles||728 nm||ESE|
|Kendari||Fri 8:40 AM||1443 km||897 miles||779 nm||WNW|
|Manado||Fri 8:40 AM||1494 km||929 miles||807 nm||NW|
|Cairns||Fri 10:40 AM||1579 km||981 miles||853 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.