Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, March 28, 2014 at 1:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, March 30, 2014 at 6:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 28, 2014 at 01:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.76 meters/second, 1597.5 km/hour, 992.7 miles/hour or 862.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.54 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 32.7"||992.55 mi||West||0° 11' 03.7"||12.67 mi||North||992.83 mi|
|24 hours||12° 51' 51.9"||883.09 mi||East||4° 34' 22.6"||314.22 mi||North||940.55 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Dili||Fri 10:20 AM||166 km||103 miles||90 nm||S|
|Baucau||Fri 10:20 AM||171 km||106 miles||92 nm||SSE|
|Same||Fri 10:20 AM||214 km||133 miles||116 nm||S|
|Suai||Fri 10:20 AM||255 km||158 miles||138 nm||SSW|
|Kupang||Fri 9:20 AM||419 km||260 miles||226 nm||SW|
|Ambon||Fri 10:20 AM||458 km||285 miles||247 nm||NE|
|Ende||Fri 9:20 AM||496 km||308 miles||268 nm||WSW|
|Kendari||Fri 9:20 AM||497 km||309 miles||269 nm||NW|
|Makassar||Fri 9:20 AM||736 km||458 miles||398 nm||WNW|
|Raba||Fri 9:20 AM||803 km||499 miles||433 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.