Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, March 28, 2014 at 11:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 24, 2014 at 1:46 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, March 30, 2014 at 6:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 28, 2014 at 11:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.47 meters/second, 1603.7 km/hour, 996.5 miles/hour or 865.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.61 mi||west||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||north||16.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 48.7"||996.47 mi||west||0° 11' 25.6"||13.09 mi||north||996.70 mi|
|24 hours||12° 46' 18.5"||879.92 mi||east||4° 39' 23.8"||319.98 mi||north||938.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Recife||Fri 8:30 AM||1514 km||941 miles||817 nm||WSW|
|Monrovia||Fri 11:30 AM||1740 km||1081 miles||939 nm||NE|
|Freetown||Fri 11:30 AM||1767 km||1098 miles||954 nm||NNE|
|Conakry||Fri 11:30 AM||1839 km||1143 miles||993 nm||NNE|
|Fortaleza||Fri 8:30 AM||1901 km||1181 miles||1027 nm||W|
|Bissau||Fri 11:30 AM||1994 km||1239 miles||1076 nm||NNE|
|Salvador||Fri 8:30 AM||2054 km||1277 miles||1109 nm||WSW|
|Jamestown||Fri 11:30 AM||2096 km||1303 miles||1132 nm||SE|
|Banjul||Fri 11:30 AM||2129 km||1323 miles||1150 nm||NNE|
|Praia||Fri 10:30 AM||2232 km||1387 miles||1205 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.