Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, March 28, 2014 at 12:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, March 30, 2014 at 6:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 28, 2014 at 12:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.59 meters/second, 1604.1 km/hour, 996.8 miles/hour or 866.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.61 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||North||16.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 50.0"||996.66 mi||West||0° 11' 27.0"||13.11 mi||North||996.89 mi|
|24 hours||12° 45' 54.0"||879.60 mi||East||4° 39' 39.3"||320.25 mi||North||938.11 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fernando de Noronha||Fri 10:20 AM||160 km||99 miles||86 nm||NE|
|Natal||Fri 9:20 AM||230 km||143 miles||124 nm||WSW|
|Recife||Fri 9:20 AM||381 km||237 miles||206 nm||SSW|
|Maceió||Fri 9:20 AM||580 km||360 miles||313 nm||SSW|
|Fortaleza||Fri 9:20 AM||597 km||371 miles||323 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Fri 9:20 AM||1050 km||653 miles||567 nm||SSW|
|Belém||Fri 9:20 AM||1732 km||1076 miles||935 nm||WNW|
|Brasilia||Fri 9:20 AM||1992 km||1238 miles||1075 nm||SW|
|Rio de Janeiro||Fri 9:20 AM||2254 km||1400 miles||1217 nm||SSW|
|Cayenne||Fri 9:20 AM||2385 km||1482 miles||1288 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.