Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, March 28, 2014 at 12:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, March 30, 2014 at 6:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 28, 2014 at 12:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 445.64 meters/second, 1604.3 kilometres/hour, 996.9 miles/hour or 866.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.61 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||North||16.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 50.5"||996.77 mi||West||0° 11' 27.6"||13.12 mi||North||997.00 mi|
|24 hours||12° 45' 44.0"||879.50 mi||East||4° 39' 45.1"||320.36 mi||North||938.02 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mossoró||Fri 9:40 AM||90 km||56 miles||48 nm||ESE|
|Fortaleza||Fri 9:40 AM||142 km||88 miles||77 nm||NNW|
|Natal||Fri 9:40 AM||336 km||209 miles||181 nm||ESE|
|Recife||Fri 9:40 AM||495 km||308 miles||267 nm||SE|
|Maceió||Fri 9:40 AM||583 km||362 miles||315 nm||SSE|
|Fernando de Noronha||Fri 10:40 AM||643 km||399 miles||347 nm||E|
|Salvador||Fri 9:40 AM||890 km||553 miles||481 nm||S|
|Belém||Fri 9:40 AM||1214 km||754 miles||655 nm||WNW|
|Brasilia||Fri 9:40 AM||1607 km||998 miles||867 nm||SW|
|Cayenne||Fri 9:40 AM||1921 km||1194 miles||1038 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.