Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, March 28, 2014 at 1:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, March 30, 2014 at 6:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 28, 2014 at 13:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.75 meters/second, 1604.7 km/hour, 997.1 miles/hour or 866.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.62 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 51.8"||997.03 mi||West||0° 11' 28.9"||13.15 mi||North||997.25 mi|
|24 hours||12° 45' 19.5"||879.23 mi||East||4° 39' 59.1"||320.63 mi||North||937.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|São Félix do Xingu||Fri 10:30 AM||287 km||178 miles||155 nm||SW|
|Belém||Fri 10:30 AM||414 km||257 miles||224 nm||NNE|
|Santarém||Fri 10:30 AM||569 km||353 miles||307 nm||WNW|
|Cayenne||Fri 10:30 AM||1101 km||684 miles||595 nm||NNW|
|Manaus||Fri 9:30 AM||1110 km||690 miles||599 nm||W|
|Brasilia||Fri 10:30 AM||1243 km||772 miles||671 nm||SSE|
|Paramaribo||Fri 10:30 AM||1298 km||806 miles||701 nm||NNW|
|Fortaleza||Fri 10:30 AM||1298 km||807 miles||701 nm||E|
|Georgetown||Fri 9:30 AM||1560 km||969 miles||842 nm||NW|
|Salvador||Fri 10:30 AM||1572 km||977 miles||849 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.