Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, March 28, 2014 at 6:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, March 30, 2014 at 6:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 28, 2014 at 18:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 446.37 meters/second, 1606.9 kilometres/hour, 998.5 miles/hour or 867.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.64 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 58.7"||998.42 mi||West||0° 11' 35.9"||13.28 mi||North||998.62 mi|
|24 hours||12° 42' 59.6"||877.66 mi||East||4° 40' 55.3"||321.70 mi||North||936.09 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Fri 10:30 AM||2488 km||1546 miles||1343 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 1:30 PM||2930 km||1821 miles||1582 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Fri 8:30 AM||3319 km||2063 miles||1792 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City||Fri 12:30 PM||3627 km||2254 miles||1958 nm||NE|
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 12:30 PM||3672 km||2282 miles||1983 nm||E|
|Hermosillo||Fri 11:30 AM||3845 km||2389 miles||2076 nm||NNE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 8:30 AM||3927 km||2440 miles||2120 nm||W|
|Guatemala||Fri 12:30 PM||4073 km||2531 miles||2199 nm||ENE|
|San Salvador||Fri 12:30 PM||4157 km||2583 miles||2245 nm||ENE|
|Los Angeles *||Fri 11:30 AM||4216 km||2620 miles||2276 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.