Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, March 30, 2014 at 12:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, March 30, 2014 at 6:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 30, 2014 at 00:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.36 meters/second, 1610.5 km/hour, 1000.7 miles/hour or 869.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.68 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 29.8"||1000.62 mi||West||0° 11' 35.7"||13.28 mi||North||1000.65 mi|
|24 hours||12° 33' 27.4"||868.08 mi||East||4° 30' 16.1"||309.51 mi||North||919.63 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yaren||Sun 12:30 PM||486 km||302 miles||262 nm||SE|
|Palikir||Sun 11:30 AM||793 km||492 miles||428 nm||NW|
|Majuro||Sun 12:30 PM||1050 km||652 miles||567 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Sun 12:30 PM||1073 km||667 miles||579 nm||E|
|Honiara||Sun 11:30 AM||1322 km||822 miles||714 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Sun 12:30 PM||1942 km||1207 miles||1049 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Sun 12:30 PM||2107 km||1310 miles||1138 nm||SE|
|Port Moresby||Sun 10:30 AM||2199 km||1366 miles||1187 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Sat 12:30 PM||2251 km||1399 miles||1215 nm||E|
|Port Vila||Sun 11:30 AM||2252 km||1399 miles||1216 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.