Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 31, 2014 at 12:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, March 30, 2014 at 6:46 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, April 7, 2014 at 8:32 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 31, 2014 at 00:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.81 meters/second, 1601.3 km/hour, 995.0 miles/hour or 864.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.6"||16.58 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||North||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 41.6"||994.91 mi||West||0° 10' 46.2"||12.33 mi||North||994.80 mi|
|24 hours||347° 29' 42.0"||859.31 mi||West||4° 03' 05.4"||278.43 mi||North||899.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Mon 12:44 PM||142 km||88 miles||77 nm||WNW|
|Tarawa||Mon 12:44 PM||572 km||355 miles||309 nm||S|
|Tabiteuea||Mon 12:44 PM||893 km||555 miles||482 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Mon 12:44 PM||1005 km||625 miles||543 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Sun 12:44 PM||1407 km||874 miles||760 nm||ESE|
|Wake Island||Mon 12:44 PM||1545 km||960 miles||834 nm||NNW|
|Palikir||Mon 11:44 AM||1592 km||989 miles||860 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Mon 12:44 PM||1824 km||1133 miles||985 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Mon 11:44 AM||2255 km||1401 miles||1218 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 1:44 PM||2520 km||1566 miles||1361 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.