Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, March 31, 2014 at 00:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, March 30, 2014 at 6:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, April 7, 2014 at 8:31 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 31, 2014 at 00:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.81 meters/second, 1601.3 km/hour, 995.0 miles/hour or 864.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.6"||16.58 mi||west||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||north||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 41.6"||994.97 mi||west||0° 10' 46.1"||12.33 mi||north||994.86 mi|
|24 hours||347° 29' 42.1"||859.37 mi||west||4° 03' 03.9"||278.42 mi||north||899.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Mon 12:44 PM||136 km||85 miles||73 nm||WNW|
|Tarawa||Mon 12:44 PM||576 km||358 miles||311 nm||S|
|Yaren||Mon 12:44 PM||987 km||613 miles||533 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Sun 12:44 PM||1433 km||891 miles||774 nm||ESE|
|Wake Island||Mon 12:44 PM||1533 km||953 miles||828 nm||NNW|
|Palikir||Mon 11:44 AM||1561 km||970 miles||843 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Mon 12:44 PM||1837 km||1142 miles||992 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Mon 11:44 AM||2237 km||1390 miles||1208 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 1:44 PM||2539 km||1578 miles||1371 nm||SE|
|Midway||Sun 1:44 PM||2632 km||1635 miles||1421 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.