Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, March 31, 2014 at 18:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, March 30, 2014 at 6:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, April 7, 2014 at 8:31 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 31, 2014 at 18:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.44 meters/second, 1589.2 km/hour, 987.5 miles/hour or 858.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||16.46 mi||west||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||north||16.46 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 45.4"||987.41 mi||west||0° 09' 44.6"||11.16 mi||north||987.24 mi|
|24 hours||12° 29' 12.7"||851.56 mi||east||3° 34' 01.7"||245.20 mi||north||881.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Masaya||Mon 12:44 PM||353 km||220 miles||191 nm||NE|
|Managua||Mon 12:44 PM||356 km||221 miles||192 nm||NE|
|San Miguel||Mon 12:44 PM||422 km||262 miles||228 nm||N|
|Matagalpa||Mon 12:44 PM||447 km||277 miles||241 nm||NE|
|Alajuela||Mon 12:44 PM||453 km||282 miles||245 nm||E|
|San Salvador||Mon 12:44 PM||456 km||283 miles||246 nm||NNW|
|San Jose||Mon 12:44 PM||467 km||290 miles||252 nm||E|
|Santa Ana||Mon 12:44 PM||497 km||309 miles||268 nm||NNW|
|Tegucigalpa||Mon 12:44 PM||503 km||313 miles||272 nm||NNE|
|Escuintla||Mon 12:44 PM||578 km||359 miles||312 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.