Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, April 7, 2014 at 08:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, March 30, 2014 at 6:45 PM|
|This phase||First Quarter||Monday, April 7, 2014 at 8:31 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 7:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, April 7, 2014 at 08:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.38 meters/second, 1545.8 km/hour, 960.5 miles/hour or 834.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.01 mi||west||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||south||16.01 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 43.0"||960.34 mi||west||0° 04' 15.5"||4.88 mi||south||960.53 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 48.0"||737.96 mi||east||2° 02' 16.7"||140.14 mi||south||754.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Mon 6:30 PM||236 km||146 miles||127 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Mon 6:30 PM||408 km||254 miles||220 nm||S|
|Melekeok||Mon 5:30 PM||1544 km||960 miles||834 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Mon 7:30 PM||1835 km||1140 miles||991 nm||SE|
|Yokohama||Mon 5:30 PM||2092 km||1300 miles||1130 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Mon 5:30 PM||2117 km||1315 miles||1143 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Mon 5:30 PM||2147 km||1334 miles||1159 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Mon 5:30 PM||2153 km||1338 miles||1162 nm||NNW|
|Kobe||Mon 5:30 PM||2169 km||1348 miles||1171 nm||NNW|
|Kyoto||Mon 5:30 PM||2175 km||1351 miles||1174 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.