Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, April 17, 2014 at 4:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 7:44 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at 7:53 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, April 17, 2014 at 04:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.08 meters/second, 1548.3 km/hour, 962.1 miles/hour or 836.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.03 mi||West||0° 00' 06.0"||0.12 mi||South||16.03 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 35.1"||961.80 mi||West||0° 06' 05.5"||6.98 mi||South||961.59 mi|
|24 hours||13° 12' 33.8"||878.66 mi||East||1° 59' 30.6"||136.97 mi||South||884.79 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Barra do Garças||Thu 1:56 AM||167 km||103 miles||90 nm||W|
|Goiânia||Thu 1:56 AM||176 km||109 miles||95 nm||ESE|
|Anápolis||Thu 1:56 AM||193 km||120 miles||104 nm||ESE|
|Brasilia||Thu 1:56 AM||303 km||188 miles||164 nm||E|
|Pedro Juan Caballero||Thu 12:56 AM||902 km||560 miles||487 nm||SW|
|Fuerte Olimpo||Thu 12:56 AM||944 km||587 miles||510 nm||SW|
|São Paulo||Thu 1:56 AM||945 km||587 miles||510 nm||SSE|
|Rio de Janeiro||Thu 1:56 AM||1109 km||689 miles||599 nm||SE|
|Asuncion||Thu 12:56 AM||1261 km||784 miles||681 nm||SSW|
|Salvador||Thu 1:56 AM||1358 km||844 miles||733 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.