Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, April 17, 2014 at 10:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 95%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 7:44 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at 7:53 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, April 17, 2014 at 10:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 428.64 meters/second, 1543.1 kilometres/hour, 958.8 miles/hour or 833.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||15.98 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||South||15.98 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 15.2"||958.58 mi||West||0° 05' 32.2"||6.35 mi||South||958.37 mi|
|24 hours||13° 19' 37.2"||883.85 mi||East||1° 44' 47.9"||120.12 mi||South||887.88 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Thu 1:56 AM||777 km||483 miles||420 nm||SSE|
|Taiohae||Thu 1:26 AM||861 km||535 miles||465 nm||NNW|
|Adamstown||Thu 2:56 AM||1216 km||756 miles||657 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Thu 12:56 AM||1294 km||804 miles||699 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Thu 12:56 AM||2407 km||1496 miles||1300 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 12:56 AM||2985 km||1855 miles||1612 nm||NW|
|Easter Island *||Thu 5:56 AM||3124 km||1941 miles||1687 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Wed 11:56 PM||3449 km||2143 miles||1862 nm||W|
|Apia||Thu 11:56 PM||3696 km||2296 miles||1995 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 11:56 PM||3742 km||2325 miles||2020 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.