Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, April 17, 2014 at 4:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 7:44 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at 7:53 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, April 17, 2014 at 16:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 427.33 meters/second, 1538.4 kilometres/hour, 955.9 miles/hour or 830.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||15.93 mi||West||0° 00' 05.0"||0.10 mi||South||15.93 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 56.7"||955.64 mi||West||0° 04' 58.0"||5.69 mi||South||955.45 mi|
|24 hours||13° 25' 54.4"||888.39 mi||East||1° 29' 52.7"||103.02 mi||South||890.71 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Fri 2:16 AM||517 km||321 miles||279 nm||SW|
|Cairns||Fri 2:46 AM||802 km||498 miles||433 nm||E|
|Alice Springs||Fri 2:16 AM||867 km||538 miles||468 nm||SSW|
|Darwin||Fri 2:16 AM||944 km||587 miles||510 nm||WNW|
|Port Moresby||Fri 2:46 AM||1281 km||796 miles||692 nm||NE|
|Jayapura||Fri 1:46 AM||1626 km||1010 miles||878 nm||N|
|Dili||Fri 1:46 AM||1664 km||1034 miles||898 nm||WNW|
|Manokwari||Fri 1:46 AM||1846 km||1147 miles||997 nm||NNW|
|Eucla||Fri 1:31 AM||1877 km||1166 miles||1013 nm||SSW|
|Brisbane||Fri 2:46 AM||1909 km||1186 miles||1031 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.