Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, April 17, 2014 at 4:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 93%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 7:44 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at 7:53 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, April 17, 2014 at 16:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.29 meters/second, 1538.3 km/hour, 955.8 miles/hour or 830.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||15.93 mi||West||0° 00' 05.0"||0.10 mi||South||15.93 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 56.2"||955.56 mi||West||0° 04' 56.9"||5.67 mi||South||955.37 mi|
|24 hours||13° 26' 04.6"||888.51 mi||East||1° 29' 26.7"||102.52 mi||South||890.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Fri 2:26 AM||336 km||209 miles||181 nm||SSW|
|Darwin||Fri 2:26 AM||739 km||459 miles||399 nm||NW|
|Alice Springs||Fri 2:26 AM||764 km||474 miles||412 nm||SSW|
|Cairns||Fri 2:56 AM||1058 km||658 miles||572 nm||E|
|Dili||Fri 1:56 AM||1456 km||905 miles||786 nm||NW|
|Port Moresby||Fri 2:56 AM||1489 km||925 miles||804 nm||ENE|
|Jayapura||Fri 1:56 AM||1691 km||1051 miles||913 nm||NNE|
|Eucla||Fri 1:41 AM||1765 km||1097 miles||953 nm||SSW|
|Manokwari||Fri 1:56 AM||1801 km||1119 miles||972 nm||N|
|Adelaide||Fri 2:26 AM||1999 km||1242 miles||1080 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.