Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, April 17, 2014 at 5:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 93%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 7:44 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at 7:53 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, April 17, 2014 at 17:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.26 meters/second, 1538.1 km/hour, 955.7 miles/hour or 830.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||15.93 mi||West||0° 00' 05.0"||0.10 mi||South||15.93 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 55.6"||955.48 mi||West||0° 04' 55.9"||5.65 mi||South||955.29 mi|
|24 hours||13° 26' 14.8"||888.63 mi||East||1° 29' 00.6"||102.02 mi||South||890.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Fri 2:36 AM||297 km||185 miles||160 nm||SSE|
|Darwin||Fri 2:36 AM||580 km||361 miles||313 nm||NNW|
|Alice Springs||Fri 2:36 AM||736 km||457 miles||397 nm||S|
|Dili||Fri 2:06 AM||1269 km||789 miles||685 nm||NW|
|Cairns||Fri 3:06 AM||1315 km||817 miles||710 nm||E|
|Eucla||Fri 1:51 AM||1682 km||1045 miles||908 nm||SSW|
|Port Moresby||Fri 3:06 AM||1711 km||1063 miles||924 nm||ENE|
|Manokwari||Fri 2:06 AM||1793 km||1114 miles||968 nm||N|
|Jayapura||Fri 2:06 AM||1793 km||1114 miles||968 nm||NNE|
|Makassar||Fri 1:06 AM||2019 km||1254 miles||1090 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.