Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, April 17, 2014 at 10:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 92%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 7:44 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at 7:53 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, April 17, 2014 at 22:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.06 meters/second, 1533.8 km/hour, 953.1 miles/hour or 828.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||15.88 mi||West||0° 00' 04.3"||0.08 mi||South||15.88 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 38.5"||952.81 mi||West||0° 04' 19.9"||4.97 mi||South||952.63 mi|
|24 hours||13° 31' 51.1"||892.60 mi||East||1° 13' 30.9"||84.27 mi||South||893.50 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Toamasina||Fri 1:56 AM||75 km||46 miles||40 nm||SSE|
|Antananarivo||Fri 1:56 AM||231 km||143 miles||125 nm||SW|
|Antsirabe||Fri 1:56 AM||343 km||213 miles||185 nm||SW|
|Mahajanga||Fri 1:56 AM||363 km||225 miles||196 nm||WNW|
|Fianarantsoa||Fri 1:56 AM||486 km||302 miles||263 nm||SSW|
|Antsiranana||Fri 1:56 AM||580 km||361 miles||313 nm||N|
|Mamoutzou||Fri 1:56 AM||673 km||418 miles||363 nm||NW|
|Saint-Denis||Fri 2:56 AM||759 km||472 miles||410 nm||ESE|
|Mutsamudu||Fri 1:56 AM||783 km||487 miles||423 nm||NW|
|Fomboni||Fri 1:56 AM||822 km||510 miles||444 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.