Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, April 17, 2014 at 22:56:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 92%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 7:43 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at 7:52 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, April 17, 2014 at 22:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.06 meters/second, 1533.8 km/hour, 953.1 miles/hour or 828.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||15.89 mi||west||0° 00' 04.3"||0.08 mi||south||15.89 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 38.5"||952.87 mi||west||0° 04' 19.8"||4.96 mi||south||952.69 mi|
|24 hours||13° 31' 52.0"||892.67 mi||east||1° 13' 27.9"||84.22 mi||south||893.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Toamasina||Fri 1:56 AM||89 km||55 miles||48 nm||SE|
|Antananarivo||Fri 1:56 AM||212 km||131 miles||114 nm||SW|
|Antsirabe||Fri 1:56 AM||325 km||202 miles||175 nm||SW|
|Mahajanga||Fri 1:56 AM||339 km||211 miles||183 nm||NW|
|Fianarantsoa||Fri 1:56 AM||474 km||295 miles||256 nm||SSW|
|Antsiranana||Fri 1:56 AM||582 km||362 miles||314 nm||N|
|Mamoutzou||Fri 1:56 AM||655 km||407 miles||354 nm||NW|
|Mutsamudu||Fri 1:56 AM||764 km||475 miles||413 nm||NW|
|Saint-Denis||Fri 2:56 AM||784 km||487 miles||423 nm||ESE|
|Fomboni||Fri 1:56 AM||801 km||498 miles||433 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.