Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, April 18, 2014 at 4:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 87%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 7:44 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at 7:53 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, April 18, 2014 at 16:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.26 meters/second, 1523.7 km/hour, 946.8 miles/hour or 822.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||15.78 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.05 mi||South||15.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 55.4"||946.52 mi||West||0° 02' 19.8"||2.67 mi||South||946.42 mi|
|24 hours||13° 44' 26.2"||901.20 mi||East||0° 23' 05.7"||26.48 mi||South||900.56 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lindeman Island||Sat 2:56 AM||212 km||132 miles||114 nm||S|
|Cairns||Sat 2:56 AM||412 km||256 miles||222 nm||WNW|
|Port Moresby||Sat 2:56 AM||1031 km||640 miles||556 nm||NNW|
|Brisbane||Sat 2:56 AM||1061 km||659 miles||573 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Sat 3:56 AM||1531 km||952 miles||827 nm||NE|
|Alice Springs||Sat 2:26 AM||1698 km||1055 miles||917 nm||WSW|
|Sydney||Sat 2:56 AM||1708 km||1062 miles||922 nm||S|
|Canberra||Sat 2:56 AM||1855 km||1153 miles||1002 nm||S|
|Jayapura||Sat 1:56 AM||2002 km||1244 miles||1081 nm||NNW|
|Port Vila||Sat 3:56 AM||2017 km||1253 miles||1089 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.