Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, April 21, 2014 at 6:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 62%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 7:44 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at 7:53 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, April 21, 2014 at 06:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.47 meters/second, 1535.3 km/hour, 954.0 miles/hour or 829.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||15.90 mi||West||0° 00' 05.0"||0.10 mi||North||15.90 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 53.0"||953.77 mi||West||0° 05' 02.4"||5.78 mi||North||954.00 mi|
|24 hours||13° 30' 04.9"||892.33 mi||East||2° 29' 51.8"||171.74 mi||North||914.30 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Recife||Mon 3:48 AM||1617 km||1005 miles||873 nm||NW|
|Salvador||Mon 3:48 AM||1701 km||1057 miles||919 nm||WNW|
|Jamestown||Mon 6:48 AM||1876 km||1165 miles||1013 nm||E|
|Rio de Janeiro||Mon 3:48 AM||2179 km||1354 miles||1177 nm||WSW|
|Fortaleza||Mon 3:48 AM||2235 km||1389 miles||1207 nm||NW|
|São Paulo||Mon 3:48 AM||2538 km||1577 miles||1370 nm||WSW|
|Brasilia||Mon 3:48 AM||2633 km||1636 miles||1422 nm||W|
|Monrovia||Mon 6:48 AM||2937 km||1825 miles||1586 nm||NNE|
|Freetown||Mon 6:48 AM||3045 km||1892 miles||1644 nm||NNE|
|Conakry||Mon 6:48 AM||3132 km||1946 miles||1691 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.