Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at 17:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at 7:52 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at 6:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at 17:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.12 meters/second, 1566.4 km/hour, 973.3 miles/hour or 845.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||16.22 mi||west||0° 00' 08.4"||0.16 mi||north||16.22 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 06.5"||973.24 mi||west||0° 08' 25.6"||9.66 mi||north||973.56 mi|
|24 hours||12° 58' 46.9"||874.12 mi||east||3° 42' 20.9"||254.74 mi||north||916.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pago Pago||Tue 6:48 AM||222 km||138 miles||120 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Wed 6:48 AM||313 km||195 miles||169 nm||WSW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i)||Wed 6:48 AM||359 km||223 miles||194 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Wed 6:48 AM||495 km||307 miles||267 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Tue 6:48 AM||653 km||406 miles||353 nm||S|
|Neiafu||Wed 6:48 AM||807 km||501 miles||436 nm||SW|
|Pangai||Wed 6:48 AM||929 km||578 miles||502 nm||SW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 6:48 AM||1099 km||683 miles||594 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 7:48 AM||1317 km||818 miles||711 nm||SE|
|Funafuti||Wed 5:48 AM||1395 km||867 miles||753 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.