Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, May 10, 2014 at 11:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, May 7, 2014 at 3:17 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 7:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, May 10, 2014 at 11:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 449.82 meters/second, 1619.4 kilometres/hour, 1006.2 miles/hour or 874.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.77 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||South||16.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 56.6"||1006.13 mi||West||0° 10' 06.9"||11.58 mi||South||1006.16 mi|
|24 hours||11° 00' 16.5"||761.02 mi||East||4° 02' 24.3"||277.59 mi||South||808.93 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jayapura||Sat 8:10 PM||150 km||93 miles||81 nm||SSE|
|Mount Hagen||Sat 9:10 PM||672 km||418 miles||363 nm||SE|
|Manokwari||Sat 8:10 PM||694 km||431 miles||375 nm||W|
|Lae||Sat 9:10 PM||960 km||596 miles||518 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Sat 8:10 PM||1154 km||717 miles||623 nm||NNW|
|Port Moresby||Sat 9:10 PM||1186 km||737 miles||640 nm||SE|
|Darwin||Sat 8:40 PM||1620 km||1007 miles||875 nm||SW|
|Hagåtña||Sat 9:10 PM||1701 km||1057 miles||919 nm||NNE|
|Manado||Sat 7:10 PM||1746 km||1085 miles||943 nm||W|
|Dili||Sat 8:10 PM||1820 km||1131 miles||983 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.