Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, May 11, 2014 at 10:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 87%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, May 7, 2014 at 3:17 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 7:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, May 11, 2014 at 10:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 447.65 meters/second, 1611.5 kilometres/hour, 1001.4 miles/hour or 870.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||South||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 58.4"||1001.24 mi||West||0° 10' 01.3"||11.48 mi||South||1001.17 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 56.4"||789.93 mi||East||3° 54' 59.9"||269.15 mi||South||831.66 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yaren||Sun 10:10 PM||521 km||324 miles||281 nm||NNE|
|Honiara||Sun 9:10 PM||804 km||500 miles||434 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Sun 10:10 PM||1077 km||669 miles||581 nm||NE|
|Port Vila||Sun 9:10 PM||1422 km||884 miles||768 nm||S|
|Majuro||Sun 10:10 PM||1485 km||923 miles||802 nm||NNE|
|Funafuti||Sun 10:10 PM||1525 km||947 miles||823 nm||ESE|
|Palikir||Sun 9:10 PM||1581 km||982 miles||853 nm||NNW|
|Suva||Sun 10:10 PM||1988 km||1235 miles||1073 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Sat 10:10 PM||2053 km||1276 miles||1109 nm||ENE|
|Port Moresby||Sun 8:10 PM||2112 km||1313 miles||1141 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.