Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, May 12, 2014 at 11:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, May 7, 2014 at 3:15 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 7:16 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, May 12, 2014 at 11:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.95 meters/second, 1594.6 km/hour, 990.8 miles/hour or 861.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.51 mi||west||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||south||16.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 31.0"||990.75 mi||west||0° 09' 24.7"||10.78 mi||south||990.59 mi|
|24 hours||12° 06' 27.1"||826.80 mi||east||3° 33' 37.8"||244.74 mi||south||857.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Mon 10:10 PM||282 km||175 miles||152 nm||W|
|Gizo||Mon 10:10 PM||635 km||395 miles||343 nm||W|
|Arawa||Mon 9:10 PM||834 km||518 miles||450 nm||WNW|
|Luganville||Mon 10:10 PM||863 km||536 miles||466 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Mon 11:10 PM||1076 km||668 miles||581 nm||NNE|
|Port Vila||Mon 10:10 PM||1134 km||705 miles||612 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Mon 11:10 PM||1653 km||1027 miles||892 nm||NE|
|Port Moresby||Mon 9:10 PM||1683 km||1046 miles||909 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Mon 11:10 PM||1839 km||1143 miles||993 nm||E|
|Palikir||Mon 10:10 PM||1846 km||1147 miles||997 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.