Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, May 15, 2014 at 4:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 7:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 1:01 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, May 15, 2014 at 16:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.79 meters/second, 1525.6 km/hour, 948.0 miles/hour or 823.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||15.80 mi||West||0° 00' 03.3"||0.06 mi||South||15.80 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 19.4"||947.71 mi||West||0° 03' 19.7"||3.82 mi||South||947.56 mi|
|24 hours||14° 02' 37.2"||922.86 mi||East||0° 46' 18.7"||53.09 mi||South||922.31 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Hedland||Fri 12:56 AM||242 km||150 miles||131 nm||SSE|
|Denpasar||Fri 12:56 AM||1098 km||682 miles||593 nm||NNW|
|Malang||Thu 11:56 PM||1270 km||789 miles||686 nm||NNW|
|Surabaya||Thu 11:56 PM||1336 km||830 miles||721 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Fri 1:56 AM||1349 km||838 miles||728 nm||NE|
|Surakarta||Thu 11:56 PM||1408 km||875 miles||760 nm||NW|
|Makassar||Fri 12:56 AM||1454 km||904 miles||785 nm||N|
|Darwin||Fri 2:26 AM||1522 km||945 miles||822 nm||ENE|
|Perth||Fri 12:56 AM||1538 km||955 miles||830 nm||S|
|Bandung||Thu 11:56 PM||1679 km||1043 miles||907 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.