Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, May 18, 2014 at 3:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 86%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 7:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 1:01 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, May 18, 2014 at 03:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.18 meters/second, 1527.1 km/hour, 948.9 miles/hour or 824.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.7"||15.81 mi||West||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||North||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 47.7"||948.64 mi||West||0° 04' 03.6"||4.65 mi||North||948.83 mi|
|24 hours||13° 54' 54.7"||915.87 mi||East||2° 09' 08.2"||148.00 mi||North||933.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Sun 3:48 AM||545 km||338 miles||294 nm||ENE|
|Abidjan||Sun 3:48 AM||2665 km||1656 miles||1439 nm||NNE|
|Monrovia||Sun 3:48 AM||2682 km||1666 miles||1448 nm||N|
|Luanda||Sun 4:48 AM||2745 km||1706 miles||1482 nm||ENE|
|São Tomé||Sun 3:48 AM||2756 km||1713 miles||1488 nm||NE|
|Yamoussoukro||Sun 3:48 AM||2794 km||1736 miles||1509 nm||NNE|
|Accra||Sun 3:48 AM||2827 km||1757 miles||1526 nm||NNE|
|Windhoek||Sun 4:48 AM||2911 km||1809 miles||1572 nm||ESE|
|Freetown||Sun 3:48 AM||2938 km||1826 miles||1586 nm||N|
|Lomé||Sun 3:48 AM||2951 km||1834 miles||1593 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.