Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, May 18, 2014 at 10:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 83%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 7:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 1:01 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, May 18, 2014 at 10:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.50 meters/second, 1531.8 km/hour, 951.8 miles/hour or 827.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||15.86 mi||West||0° 00' 04.7"||0.09 mi||North||15.86 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 01.3"||951.60 mi||West||0° 04' 53.2"||5.60 mi||North||951.83 mi|
|24 hours||13° 47' 54.8"||910.80 mi||East||2° 27' 25.4"||168.95 mi||North||932.06 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island||Sun 4:48 AM||1090 km||677 miles||588 nm||S|
|Adamstown||Sun 2:48 AM||2125 km||1321 miles||1148 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 4:48 AM||2996 km||1862 miles||1618 nm||NE|
|Lima||Sun 5:48 AM||3731 km||2318 miles||2015 nm||E|
|Papeete||Sun 12:48 AM||4058 km||2521 miles||2191 nm||W|
|Quito||Sun 5:48 AM||4063 km||2525 miles||2194 nm||ENE|
|San Salvador||Sun 4:48 AM||4211 km||2617 miles||2274 nm||NE|
|Guatemala||Sun 4:48 AM||4212 km||2617 miles||2274 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Sun 4:48 AM||4255 km||2644 miles||2298 nm||NE|
|Managua||Sun 4:48 AM||4274 km||2656 miles||2308 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.