Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, May 19, 2014 at 4:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 76%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 7:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 1:01 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, May 19, 2014 at 04:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.70 meters/second, 1546.9 km/hour, 961.2 miles/hour or 835.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||16.02 mi||West||0° 00' 06.7"||0.13 mi||North||16.02 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 47.0"||961.01 mi||West||0° 06' 49.0"||7.81 mi||North||961.31 mi|
|24 hours||13° 27' 09.3"||895.96 mi||East||3° 08' 56.7"||216.50 mi||North||927.99 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Mon 4:38 AM||299 km||186 miles||162 nm||E|
|Abidjan||Mon 4:38 AM||2375 km||1475 miles||1282 nm||NNE|
|São Tomé||Mon 4:38 AM||2438 km||1515 miles||1316 nm||NE|
|Monrovia||Mon 4:38 AM||2446 km||1520 miles||1321 nm||N|
|Luanda||Mon 5:38 AM||2480 km||1541 miles||1339 nm||ENE|
|Yamoussoukro||Mon 4:38 AM||2514 km||1562 miles||1357 nm||N|
|Accra||Mon 4:38 AM||2519 km||1565 miles||1360 nm||NNE|
|Lome||Mon 4:38 AM||2639 km||1640 miles||1425 nm||NNE|
|Libreville||Mon 5:38 AM||2656 km||1651 miles||1434 nm||NE|
|Freetown||Mon 4:38 AM||2723 km||1692 miles||1471 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.