Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, May 19, 2014 at 11:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 73%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 7:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 1:01 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, May 19, 2014 at 11:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.56 meters/second, 1553.6 km/hour, 965.4 miles/hour or 838.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||16.09 mi||West||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||North||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 07.9"||965.20 mi||West||0° 07' 29.5"||8.59 mi||North||965.52 mi|
|24 hours||13° 18' 23.3"||889.73 mi||East||3° 23' 02.1"||232.62 mi||North||925.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island||Mon 5:38 AM||1354 km||842 miles||731 nm||S|
|Adamstown||Mon 3:38 AM||2428 km||1509 miles||1311 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Mon 5:38 AM||2680 km||1665 miles||1447 nm||ENE|
|Lima||Mon 6:38 AM||3528 km||2192 miles||1905 nm||E|
|Quito||Mon 6:38 AM||3776 km||2347 miles||2039 nm||ENE|
|San Salvador||Mon 5:38 AM||3871 km||2405 miles||2090 nm||NE|
|Guatemala||Mon 5:38 AM||3872 km||2406 miles||2090 nm||NNE|
|San Jose||Mon 5:38 AM||3923 km||2438 miles||2118 nm||NE|
|Managua||Mon 5:38 AM||3936 km||2446 miles||2125 nm||NE|
|Mexico City *||Mon 6:38 AM||3958 km||2460 miles||2137 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.