Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, May 19, 2014 at 11:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 73%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 7:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 1:01 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, May 19, 2014 at 11:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.61 meters/second, 1553.8 km/hour, 965.5 miles/hour or 839.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||16.09 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 08.3"||965.30 mi||West||0° 07' 30.4"||8.60 mi||North||965.62 mi|
|24 hours||13° 18' 10.6"||889.58 mi||East||3° 23' 21.3"||232.99 mi||North||925.79 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island||Mon 5:48 AM||1383 km||859 miles||747 nm||S|
|Adamstown||Mon 3:48 AM||2210 km||1373 miles||1193 nm||SW|
|Galapagos Islands||Mon 5:48 AM||2899 km||1801 miles||1565 nm||ENE|
|Lima||Mon 6:48 AM||3787 km||2353 miles||2045 nm||E|
|Quito||Mon 6:48 AM||4016 km||2496 miles||2169 nm||ENE|
|Guatemala||Mon 5:48 AM||4019 km||2497 miles||2170 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Mon 5:48 AM||4028 km||2503 miles||2175 nm||NE|
|Papeete||Mon 1:48 AM||4029 km||2504 miles||2176 nm||W|
|Mexico City *||Mon 6:48 AM||4040 km||2510 miles||2181 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Mon 5:48 AM||4113 km||2555 miles||2221 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.