Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, May 19, 2014 at 3:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 71%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 7:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 1:01 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, May 19, 2014 at 15:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 432.71 meters/second, 1557.7 kilometres/hour, 967.9 miles/hour or 841.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||16.13 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||16.13 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 20.8"||967.77 mi||West||0° 07' 52.1"||9.02 mi||North||968.09 mi|
|24 hours||13° 13' 07.5"||886.00 mi||East||3° 30' 47.7"||241.50 mi||North||924.44 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pago Pago||Mon 4:48 AM||111 km||69 miles||60 nm||W|
|Apia||Tue 4:48 AM||232 km||144 miles||125 nm||WNW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i)||Tue 4:48 AM||282 km||175 miles||152 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Mon 4:48 AM||524 km||326 miles||283 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Tue 4:48 AM||573 km||356 miles||309 nm||NNW|
|Neiafu||Tue 4:48 AM||664 km||413 miles||358 nm||SW|
|Atafu||Tue 4:48 AM||710 km||441 miles||384 nm||NNW|
|Mata-Utu||Tue 3:48 AM||711 km||442 miles||384 nm||W|
|Pangai||Tue 4:48 AM||785 km||488 miles||424 nm||SW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 4:48 AM||955 km||593 miles||515 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.