Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, May 19, 2014 at 17:58:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 70%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 7:16 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 12:59 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, May 19, 2014 at 17:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.31 meters/second, 1559.9 km/hour, 969.3 miles/hour or 842.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||16.15 mi||west||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||north||16.15 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 27.6"||969.12 mi||west||0° 08' 03.6"||9.24 mi||north||969.45 mi|
|24 hours||13° 10' 22.1"||884.04 mi||east||3° 34' 40.4"||245.94 mi||north||923.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Tue 4:58 AM||525 km||326 miles||284 nm||NNE|
|Gizo||Tue 4:58 AM||688 km||428 miles||372 nm||NNW|
|Luganville||Tue 4:58 AM||920 km||572 miles||497 nm||ESE|
|Arawa||Tue 3:58 AM||932 km||579 miles||503 nm||NNW|
|Port Vila||Tue 4:58 AM||1101 km||684 miles||595 nm||ESE|
|Noumea||Tue 4:58 AM||1221 km||758 miles||659 nm||SE|
|Port Moresby||Tue 3:58 AM||1360 km||845 miles||734 nm||WNW|
|Cairns||Tue 3:58 AM||1430 km||888 miles||772 nm||WSW|
|Brisbane||Tue 3:58 AM||1603 km||996 miles||865 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Tue 5:58 AM||1742 km||1083 miles||941 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.