Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, May 20, 2014 at 4:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 65%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 7:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 1:01 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, May 20, 2014 at 04:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.32 meters/second, 1570.7 km/hour, 976.0 miles/hour or 848.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||16.27 mi||West||0° 00' 08.8"||0.17 mi||North||16.27 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 01.9"||975.87 mi||West||0° 08' 55.2"||10.22 mi||North||976.20 mi|
|24 hours||12° 56' 56.8"||874.49 mi||East||3° 51' 54.7"||265.66 mi||North||919.55 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Tue 4:48 AM||969 km||602 miles||523 nm||WSW|
|Luanda||Tue 5:48 AM||1237 km||769 miles||668 nm||ENE|
|São Tomé||Tue 4:48 AM||1494 km||928 miles||807 nm||NNE|
|Libreville||Tue 5:48 AM||1618 km||1005 miles||874 nm||NNE|
|Kinshasa||Tue 5:48 AM||1671 km||1038 miles||902 nm||ENE|
|Brazzaville||Tue 5:48 AM||1672 km||1039 miles||903 nm||ENE|
|Windhoek||Tue 5:48 AM||1901 km||1181 miles||1026 nm||SE|
|Malabo||Tue 5:48 AM||1926 km||1197 miles||1040 nm||NNE|
|Accra||Tue 4:48 AM||2019 km||1255 miles||1090 nm||N|
|Yaoundé||Tue 5:48 AM||2065 km||1283 miles||1115 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.