Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, May 20, 2014 at 10:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 63%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 7:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 1:01 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, May 20, 2014 at 10:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.95 meters/second, 1576.6 km/hour, 979.7 miles/hour or 851.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.33 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.33 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 20.9"||979.53 mi||West||0° 09' 20.6"||10.70 mi||North||979.86 mi|
|24 hours||12° 49' 47.5"||869.38 mi||East||4° 00' 03.6"||274.98 mi||North||917.07 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Trujillo||Tue 5:48 AM||683 km||424 miles||369 nm||NE|
|Lima||Tue 5:48 AM||779 km||484 miles||421 nm||E|
|Guayaquil||Tue 5:48 AM||1140 km||708 miles||616 nm||NNE|
|Galapagos Islands||Tue 4:48 AM||1326 km||824 miles||716 nm||NNW|
|Quito||Tue 5:48 AM||1405 km||873 miles||759 nm||NNE|
|Rio Branco||Tue 5:48 AM||1797 km||1116 miles||970 nm||E|
|La Paz||Tue 6:48 AM||1815 km||1128 miles||980 nm||ESE|
|Cali||Tue 5:48 AM||1866 km||1159 miles||1007 nm||NNE|
|Bogota||Tue 5:48 AM||2111 km||1312 miles||1140 nm||NNE|
|Sucre||Tue 6:48 AM||2189 km||1360 miles||1182 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.