Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, May 20, 2014 at 4:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 7:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 1:01 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, May 20, 2014 at 16:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.53 meters/second, 1582.3 km/hour, 983.2 miles/hour or 854.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.39 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||North||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 39.6"||983.08 mi||West||0° 09' 43.2"||11.14 mi||North||983.40 mi|
|24 hours||12° 42' 56.8"||864.46 mi||East||4° 07' 11.9"||283.14 mi||North||914.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fakaofo||Wed 5:48 AM||145 km||90 miles||78 nm||NNW|
|Apia||Wed 5:48 AM||364 km||226 miles||197 nm||SSW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i)||Wed 5:48 AM||370 km||230 miles||200 nm||SSW|
|Pago Pago||Tue 5:48 AM||402 km||250 miles||217 nm||S|
|Mata-Utu||Wed 4:48 AM||642 km||399 miles||347 nm||WSW|
|Rawaki||Wed 5:48 AM||766 km||476 miles||414 nm||N|
|Kanton Island||Wed 5:48 AM||871 km||541 miles||470 nm||N|
|Alofi||Tue 5:48 AM||936 km||582 miles||506 nm||S|
|Neiafu||Wed 5:48 AM||945 km||587 miles||510 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Wed 4:48 AM||1110 km||690 miles||599 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.