Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, May 20, 2014 at 17:38:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 59%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 7:16 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 12:59 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, May 20, 2014 at 17:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.75 meters/second, 1583.1 km/hour, 983.7 miles/hour or 854.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.39 mi||west||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||north||16.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 42.1"||983.64 mi||west||0° 09' 46.3"||11.19 mi||north||983.96 mi|
|24 hours||347° 17' 59.6"||863.84 mi||west||4° 08' 07.8"||284.22 mi||north||914.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Funafuti||Wed 5:38 AM||348 km||216 miles||188 nm||NE|
|Lautoka||Wed 5:38 AM||789 km||490 miles||426 nm||S|
|Nadi||Wed 5:38 AM||810 km||503 miles||437 nm||S|
|Suva||Wed 5:38 AM||863 km||536 miles||466 nm||SSE|
|Port Vila||Wed 4:38 AM||1212 km||753 miles||654 nm||SW|
|Apia||Wed 6:38 AM||1301 km||808 miles||703 nm||ESE|
|Fakaofo||Wed 6:38 AM||1323 km||822 miles||714 nm||E|
|Tarawa||Wed 5:38 AM||1383 km||859 miles||747 nm||NNW|
|Baker Island||Tue 5:38 AM||1401 km||870 miles||756 nm||NNE|
|Nukualofa||Wed 6:38 AM||1457 km||905 miles||787 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.