Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, May 20, 2014 at 17:38:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 59%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 7:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 1:01 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, May 20, 2014 at 17:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.74 meters/second, 1583.1 km/hour, 983.7 miles/hour or 854.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.39 mi||west||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||north||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 42.1"||983.56 mi||west||0° 09' 46.2"||11.19 mi||north||983.88 mi|
|24 hours||347° 17' 58.4"||863.79 mi||west||4° 08' 06.5"||284.18 mi||north||914.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Funafuti||Wed 5:38 AM||326 km||203 miles||176 nm||NE|
|Lautoka||Wed 5:38 AM||786 km||489 miles||425 nm||S|
|Nadi||Wed 5:38 AM||808 km||502 miles||436 nm||S|
|Suva||Wed 5:38 AM||857 km||532 miles||463 nm||S|
|Port Vila||Wed 4:38 AM||1234 km||767 miles||666 nm||SW|
|Apia||Wed 6:38 AM||1273 km||791 miles||687 nm||ESE|
|Fakaofo||Wed 6:38 AM||1293 km||804 miles||698 nm||E|
|Baker Island||Tue 5:38 AM||1385 km||861 miles||748 nm||NNE|
|Tarawa||Wed 5:38 AM||1393 km||865 miles||752 nm||NNW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 6:38 AM||1439 km||894 miles||777 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.