Moon Light World Map
UTC time = Tuesday, May 20, 2014 at 11:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 7:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 1:01 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, May 20, 2014 at 23:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.28 meters/second, 1588.6 km/hour, 987.1 miles/hour or 857.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.45 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 00.4"||986.99 mi||West||0° 10' 06.5"||11.58 mi||North||987.30 mi|
|24 hours||12° 35' 26.7"||859.02 mi||East||4° 14' 15.2"||291.20 mi||North||911.30 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bengkulu||Wed 6:48 AM||1714 km||1065 miles||926 nm||ENE|
|Diego Garcia||Wed 5:48 AM||1717 km||1067 miles||927 nm||W|
|Medan||Wed 6:48 AM||1881 km||1169 miles||1015 nm||NE|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Wed 5:18 AM||2013 km||1251 miles||1087 nm||NNW|
|Colombo||Wed 5:18 AM||2021 km||1256 miles||1091 nm||NNW|
|Kuala Lumpur||Wed 7:48 AM||2079 km||1292 miles||1123 nm||NE|
|Jakarta||Wed 6:48 AM||2125 km||1321 miles||1148 nm||E|
|Singapore||Wed 7:48 AM||2138 km||1329 miles||1155 nm||ENE|
|Male||Wed 4:48 AM||2193 km||1363 miles||1184 nm||NW|
|Bandung||Wed 6:48 AM||2197 km||1365 miles||1186 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.