Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 5:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 1:01 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 6:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 17:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.05 meters/second, 1602.2 km/hour, 995.6 miles/hour or 865.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||16.59 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||North||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 48.2"||995.47 mi||West||0° 10' 50.6"||12.42 mi||North||995.72 mi|
|24 hours||12° 19' 05.3"||846.85 mi||East||4° 26' 14.0"||304.89 mi||North||902.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Atafu||Thu 6:48 AM||243 km||151 miles||131 nm||S|
|Rawaki||Thu 6:48 AM||363 km||226 miles||196 nm||NE|
|Fakaofo||Thu 6:48 AM||371 km||231 miles||201 nm||SSE|
|Kanton Island||Thu 6:48 AM||407 km||253 miles||220 nm||NNE|
|Salelologa (Savai'i)||Thu 6:48 AM||819 km||509 miles||442 nm||S|
|Apia||Thu 6:48 AM||834 km||518 miles||450 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Wed 5:48 AM||837 km||520 miles||452 nm||NNW|
|Mata-Utu||Thu 5:48 AM||859 km||534 miles||464 nm||SSW|
|Pago Pago||Wed 6:48 AM||903 km||561 miles||488 nm||SSE|
|Howland Island||Wed 5:48 AM||904 km||562 miles||488 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.