Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, May 22, 2014 at 06:38:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 42%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 12:59 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 6:40 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, May 22, 2014 at 06:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.94 meters/second, 1609.0 km/hour, 999.8 miles/hour or 868.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.1"||16.66 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 15.8"||999.77 mi||west||0° 11' 08.5"||12.76 mi||north||999.96 mi|
|24 hours||12° 10' 22.2"||840.03 mi||east||4° 29' 31.5"||308.67 mi||north||896.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|São Tomé||Thu 6:38 AM||782 km||486 miles||422 nm||NE|
|Port-Gentil||Thu 7:38 AM||920 km||572 miles||497 nm||ENE|
|Santo António (Príncipe)||Thu 6:38 AM||933 km||580 miles||504 nm||NE|
|Libreville||Thu 7:38 AM||1041 km||647 miles||562 nm||ENE|
|Accra||Thu 6:38 AM||1066 km||662 miles||575 nm||N|
|Lome||Thu 6:38 AM||1119 km||695 miles||604 nm||N|
|Porto Novo||Thu 7:38 AM||1170 km||727 miles||632 nm||N|
|Lagos||Thu 7:38 AM||1180 km||733 miles||637 nm||NNE|
|Abidjan||Thu 6:38 AM||1180 km||733 miles||637 nm||NNW|
|Malabo||Thu 7:38 AM||1205 km||749 miles||651 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.