Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, May 30, 2014 at 8:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 6:42 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, June 5, 2014 at 8:41 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, May 30, 2014 at 08:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.09 meters/second, 1526.7 km/hour, 948.7 miles/hour or 824.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.8"||15.81 mi||West||0° 00' 00.7"||0.01 mi||South||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 53.8"||948.42 mi||West||0° 00' 45.4"||0.87 mi||South||948.45 mi|
|24 hours||11° 53' 47.7"||778.29 mi||East||0° 43' 27.1"||49.81 mi||South||781.55 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Parbhani||Fri 1:38 PM||36 km||22 miles||19 nm||NNW|
|Nanded||Fri 1:38 PM||40 km||25 miles||22 nm||ENE|
|Ambajogai||Fri 1:38 PM||63 km||39 miles||34 nm||WSW|
|Latur||Fri 1:38 PM||75 km||47 miles||40 nm||SSW|
|Hingoli||Fri 1:38 PM||85 km||53 miles||46 nm||NNE|
|Lonar||Fri 1:38 PM||119 km||74 miles||64 nm||NNW|
|Beed||Fri 1:38 PM||124 km||77 miles||67 nm||W|
|Washim||Fri 1:38 PM||127 km||79 miles||69 nm||N|
|Nizamabad||Fri 1:38 PM||128 km||80 miles||69 nm||ESE|
|Osmanabad||Fri 1:38 PM||128 km||80 miles||69 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.