Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, June 14, 2014 at 11:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, June 13, 2014 at 4:12 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 6:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, June 14, 2014 at 11:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.36 meters/second, 1524.1 km/hour, 947.0 miles/hour or 822.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.78 mi||west||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||north||15.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 40.6"||946.86 mi||west||0° 04' 02.3"||4.63 mi||north||947.05 mi|
|24 hours||14° 22' 40.8"||945.76 mi||east||2° 10' 57.5"||150.10 mi||north||963.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Sat 1:48 AM||408 km||253 miles||220 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Sat 1:48 AM||878 km||546 miles||474 nm||E|
|Alofi||Sat 12:48 AM||1280 km||795 miles||691 nm||W|
|Apia||Sun 12:48 AM||1562 km||971 miles||844 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 12:48 AM||1737 km||1079 miles||938 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 12:48 AM||1853 km||1151 miles||1000 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 1:48 AM||2203 km||1369 miles||1189 nm||N|
|Suva||Sat 11:48 PM||2511 km||1560 miles||1356 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sat 11:48 PM||2697 km||1676 miles||1456 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Fri 11:48 PM||2870 km||1783 miles||1549 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.