Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, June 15, 2014 at 10:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 92%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, June 13, 2014 at 4:13 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 6:40 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, June 15, 2014 at 10:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.45 meters/second, 1542.4 km/hour, 958.4 miles/hour or 832.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.97 mi||West||0° 00' 06.6"||0.13 mi||North||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 31.7"||958.23 mi||West||0° 06' 47.7"||7.79 mi||North||958.53 mi|
|24 hours||13° 56' 15.6"||926.91 mi||East||3° 10' 38.5"||218.45 mi||North||958.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Sun 2:48 AM||1016 km||631 miles||549 nm||S|
|Papeete||Sun 12:48 AM||2222 km||1380 miles||1200 nm||W|
|Easter Island||Sun 4:48 AM||2355 km||1463 miles||1272 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 12:48 AM||3317 km||2061 miles||1791 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 12:48 AM||3709 km||2305 miles||2003 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Sat 11:48 PM||4372 km||2717 miles||2361 nm||W|
|Apia||Sun 11:48 PM||4624 km||2873 miles||2497 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 11:48 PM||4917 km||3055 miles||2655 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City *||Sun 5:48 AM||5086 km||3160 miles||2746 nm||NE|
|Honolulu||Sun 12:48 AM||5205 km||3234 miles||2811 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.