Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, June 15, 2014 at 10:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 92%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, June 13, 2014 at 4:12 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 6:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, June 15, 2014 at 10:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.46 meters/second, 1542.5 km/hour, 958.4 miles/hour or 832.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.97 mi||west||0° 00' 06.6"||0.13 mi||north||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 31.8"||958.24 mi||west||0° 06' 47.9"||7.79 mi||north||958.54 mi|
|24 hours||13° 56' 14.1"||926.89 mi||east||3° 10' 41.1"||218.50 mi||north||958.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Sun 1:48 AM||1005 km||625 miles||543 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Sun 2:48 AM||1013 km||629 miles||547 nm||S|
|Papeete||Sun 12:48 AM||2193 km||1363 miles||1184 nm||W|
|Easter Island||Sun 4:48 AM||2379 km||1478 miles||1285 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 12:48 AM||3289 km||2044 miles||1776 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 12:48 AM||3684 km||2289 miles||1989 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Sat 11:48 PM||4344 km||2699 miles||2345 nm||W|
|Apia||Sun 11:48 PM||4595 km||2855 miles||2481 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 11:48 PM||4889 km||3038 miles||2640 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City *||Sun 5:48 AM||5104 km||3172 miles||2756 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.