Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, June 16, 2014 at 5:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 87%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, June 13, 2014 at 4:13 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 6:40 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 16, 2014 at 05:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.80 meters/second, 1561.7 km/hour, 970.4 miles/hour or 843.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.5"||16.17 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.17 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 35.0"||970.22 mi||West||0° 08' 39.0"||9.91 mi||North||970.56 mi|
|24 hours||13° 29' 05.1"||906.90 mi||East||3° 48' 22.6"||261.63 mi||North||950.18 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vitória da Conquista||Mon 2:48 AM||248 km||154 miles||134 nm||SE|
|Salvador||Mon 2:48 AM||461 km||287 miles||249 nm||E|
|Brasilia||Mon 2:48 AM||612 km||380 miles||330 nm||WSW|
|Rio de Janeiro||Mon 2:48 AM||1046 km||650 miles||565 nm||S|
|Recife||Mon 2:48 AM||1046 km||650 miles||565 nm||NE|
|Guarulhos||Mon 2:48 AM||1170 km||727 miles||632 nm||SSW|
|Fortaleza||Mon 2:48 AM||1177 km||732 miles||636 nm||NNE|
|São Paulo||Mon 2:48 AM||1184 km||736 miles||639 nm||SSW|
|Belém||Mon 2:48 AM||1480 km||919 miles||799 nm||NNW|
|Asuncion||Mon 1:48 AM||2035 km||1264 miles||1099 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.