Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, June 16, 2014 at 10:58:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 85%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, June 13, 2014 at 4:13 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 6:40 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 16, 2014 at 10:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.29 meters/second, 1567.1 km/hour, 973.7 miles/hour or 846.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.23 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.23 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 53.9"||973.58 mi||West||0° 09' 04.6"||10.40 mi||North||973.92 mi|
|24 hours||13° 21' 30.1"||901.19 mi||East||3° 56' 37.8"||271.07 mi||North||947.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island||Mon 4:58 AM||1786 km||1110 miles||965 nm||SSE|
|Adamstown||Mon 2:58 AM||1917 km||1191 miles||1035 nm||SW|
|Galapagos Islands||Mon 4:58 AM||3320 km||2063 miles||1793 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Mon 12:58 AM||3508 km||2180 miles||1894 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City *||Mon 5:58 AM||4078 km||2534 miles||2202 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Mon 4:58 AM||4224 km||2625 miles||2281 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Mon 4:58 AM||4260 km||2647 miles||2300 nm||NE|
|Lima||Mon 5:58 AM||4369 km||2714 miles||2359 nm||E|
|Managua||Mon 4:58 AM||4394 km||2730 miles||2373 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Mon 4:58 AM||4444 km||2761 miles||2399 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.