Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, June 16, 2014 at 12:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, June 13, 2014 at 4:13 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 6:40 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 16, 2014 at 12:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.82 meters/second, 1569.0 km/hour, 974.9 miles/hour or 847.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.25 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.25 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 00.6"||974.76 mi||West||0° 09' 13.0"||10.56 mi||North||975.11 mi|
|24 hours||13° 18' 49.3"||899.15 mi||East||3° 59' 21.0"||274.18 mi||North||945.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Mon 3:18 AM||601 km||373 miles||324 nm||NE|
|Papeete||Mon 2:48 AM||841 km||523 miles||454 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 2:48 AM||1965 km||1221 miles||1061 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Mon 4:48 AM||1995 km||1240 miles||1077 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Tue 2:48 AM||2189 km||1360 miles||1182 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Mon 1:48 AM||2898 km||1800 miles||1565 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 1:48 AM||3024 km||1879 miles||1633 nm||W|
|Apia||Tue 1:48 AM||3045 km||1892 miles||1644 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Tue 1:48 AM||3483 km||2164 miles||1881 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Mon 12:48 AM||3882 km||2412 miles||2096 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.