Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, June 16, 2014 at 12:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, June 13, 2014 at 4:13 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 6:40 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 16, 2014 at 12:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.87 meters/second, 1569.1 km/hour, 975.0 miles/hour or 847.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.25 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.25 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 01.2"||974.87 mi||West||0° 09' 13.9"||10.58 mi||North||975.22 mi|
|24 hours||13° 18' 34.8"||898.97 mi||East||3° 59' 35.4"||274.46 mi||North||945.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Mon 2:58 AM||672 km||418 miles||363 nm||SSW|
|Taiohae||Mon 3:28 AM||818 km||509 miles||442 nm||ENE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 2:58 AM||1748 km||1086 miles||944 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 2:58 AM||2013 km||1251 miles||1087 nm||NW|
|Adamstown||Mon 4:58 AM||2185 km||1358 miles||1180 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Mon 1:58 AM||2650 km||1647 miles||1431 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 1:58 AM||2763 km||1717 miles||1492 nm||W|
|Apia||Tue 1:58 AM||2785 km||1730 miles||1504 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Tue 1:58 AM||3239 km||2013 miles||1749 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Mon 12:58 AM||3634 km||2258 miles||1962 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.